Thursday, November 10, 2011

Last day for J.Crew's STAYWARM promo

Today J.Crew is offering an extra 25% off your purchase (no minimum) and free shipping with orders over $150 with the code STAYWARM.  A few things you should know about if you are planning to purchase anything today:

- Ebates is offering 8% cash back on J.Crew purchases today (much higher than their usual 2%).  This is a great opportunity if you're planning on doing a major holiday gift haul.  Ebates will pay you in either a check or via PayPal.

-The Factory is open today, even though you cannot get their from J.Crew's homepage.  Sneaky, sneaky!  They also have several new arrivals, as well as new additions to their clearance section.

Here are some things I picked up during this promo:

Lady lace popover in ivory - Originally $198, sale for $119.99, after promo: $89.99

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweater.  It's so delicate and feminine, yet cozy from the merino wool.  It's my first J.Crew Collection item (these are specialty items J.Crew offers at a higher price point) and while I'm not sure it's worth close to $200, I'm happy to pay less than half price.  I debated with navy and ivory, but the ivory is oh-so-pretty.  I'm going to save this one to wear for my birthday in a couple of weeks.


Men's Factory Walking Coat: Originally $198, sale for $148, $111 after the code.

My husband has a peacoat right now that he uses, but I think a more formal coat is appropriate for some of the nicer events we have been going to lately.  I hope this turns out well: it's being delivered today.


Shimmer bow sweater: $88, after code $66

I wanted to love this - I thought it would be a great way to incorporate some black and gold into my wardrobe without looking like a mascot (but, Go Dores!).  Unfortunately, I think it runs big - it was really unflattering in my usual S size - I probably could have sized down to a XS.  However, it was really itchy - something that other 'Crew bloggers have noted but I chose to ignore.  Bad decision.  I think it would have irritated winter skin - which stinks, because the bow in the back is so cute.  If J.Crew offered this in a solid color merino wool, I would definitely repurchase.  This will be heading back to J.Crew this afternoon.


Happy shopping!!

No comments: