Tuesday, August 16, 2011

J.Crew Extra 40% Final Sale Delivery: Success?!

Ohh the dreaded final sale on jcrew.com.  In my six or so years of ordering online from J.Crew, the final sale has been a fickle beast.  I have scored some unbelievable bargains (umm... a wedding dress for $75?!?), but have often been hit with ill-fitting clothes that I thought would work, or work-inappropriate sheer sweaters and t-shirts that looked opaque when I ordered them.  By now I've learned to do my homework!!!  I have zero qualms with spending upwards of an hour on the phone with customer service, measuring pants that fit well at home to compare with ones I am interested in on final sale.  By not being afraid to do my research and let J.Crew's CS team help me, I've come a long way in the final sale arena.

Which brings us to... the last week in June.  J.Crew offered an unheard-of extra 40% off their summer sale plus free shipping, and boy did I stock up.  I'm a fan of sifting through the sale to find year-round basics at great bargains.  Here's the roundup:

Durham Trouser in wool gabardine - $41.99, marked down from $138

I bought these in 3 colors.  Don't judge!  They are a great suiting basic that I will wear over and over again to work.  I am between a 4 and a 6 in J.Crew pants, depending on the fit, so I compared the measurements to another pair of pants that fits well to determine my size.  Don't be afraid to ask customer service for more measurements!  I am pear shaped, so I usually want to know the leg opening to make sure it won't be too tight in the hips.  I went with the size 6 and they fit well.
 

Two-button jacket in wool gabardine - $59.99, marked down from $235

I bought this in black to go with the suiting pants above.  Might as well get the matching jacket at such a great price, right?

 

Bell skirt in super 120s - $35.99, marked down from  $118

The disappointment of the shipment.  It's a little snug, but I'm hoping it will fit well after a few trips to the gym to shed my vacation weight.  I probably should have gone up a size, but that's no one's fault but my own for just assuming the skirt would fit. 

 

All of these items are still available on jcrew.com but I highly recommend waiting for an additional percent off sale.  It's been a few weeks, so I'd expect an extra 30% off sale to show up soon, likely to coincide with Labor Day.
Happy shopping!


-Frugal Prepster


No comments: