Friday, August 26, 2011

RueLaLa reduces their shipping charges

This week, RueLaLa unveiled their new program, The Rue 30:



I'm so happy this is offered.  When RueLaLa first launched, they charged $9.95 per order - which could be pretty steep if you decided to order more than once in a day.  For example, if you were waiting patiently for a Vineyard Vines dress (like I did once...), you would want to check out immediately to reserve your item.  Then, RueLaLa improved yet again by making the $9.95 shipping charge good for the day, so you could check out once and not worry about paying again if another boutique caught your eye after lunch.  This new program creates a $9.95 shipping charge good for 30 days, which I have no doubt will increase RueLaLa's sales.  The old shipping charge method was definitely steep, especially for small orders or even electronic orders. 

I do wonder if they will one day create some kind of shipping membership, much like Amazon Prime (which I have a membership to, and love).  It certainly seems they are testing the waters for that kind of thing.  How much would you pay for a shipping membership to RLL?  I think something like $75 or $99 would be worth it, especially if it included free return shipping to RLL.

I also love RueLaLa's Local Picks section (it makes me homesick for Boston on a daily basis) - open a Nashville boutique! 

Also, if you need an invite, click here: http://www.ruelala.com/invite/frugalprepster

Happy shopping!

No comments: